Davido had earlier in the week, claimed the ‘Skelewu’ video which went viral on the Internet, was leaked and not the official video of the song, Sesan, the ‘leaked’ video director, has frowned at Davido’s claims.
Sesan, in a statement released by his team, said Davido was pleased with the video when he watched it.
The music director stated that he found it immature and irresponsible for his client to publicly put out a false statement. “My attention is drawn toward the chaos surrounding the release of the Skelewu video. I and my team shot the video for Davido in Nigeria and to the best of my knowledge, my client and his team were very happy with the result, when they watched and approved the video.
“If he has since had a change of heart, that is okay. I am not in any way responsible for the release of the video. I believe Davido and myself did a very good job regarding the video production and as a professional of over 10 years. I find it very irresponsible and immature if my client and his management publicly put out false statements and comments, in an attempt to tarnish my name, credibility and reputation. I remain dedicated, humble, focused and as hard working as ever,” Sesan said.When this controversial version surfaced online, fans showed their disapproval to the video claiming that it was below their expectation.Davido quickly went on twitter on Tuesday claiming that it was not the official video but a leaked version. Davido told his fans to disregard the video as it was not the official video. He added that the video would be directed by Moe Musa in London. As promised, barely twenty-four hours later Davido’s new video for Skelewu was shot in London. It was directed by Moe Musa who pulled out all the stops to create a “28 Days Later” concept for the video. The video will premiere on Monday October 21.